Self Massage Techniques- Face Massage
Everybody knows the best part of getting a skin treatment is the face massage. It de-stresses and refreshes you at the same time. And in addition to feeling like a trip to heaven, there are boatloads of benefits to receiving frequent facial massages that actually enhance your skin’s appearance. According to our skin experts, facial massages are kind of like an instant facelift and cleanse at the same time- it increases blood flow, which decreases puffiness and improves circulation so you’ll look more awake and radiant. It’ll also increase your skin’s health by promoting lymphatic drainage and clearing away toxins, which supports the skin’s natural cleansing process.
Now, We at Nilaya are not suggesting you sign up for facial appointments, but you can mimic a professional massage at home perfectly fine! In fact, a self facial massage is an easy, free, and effective way to add more relaxation into your skincare and routine.
Steps you should perform for self facial massage experience-
1. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap and tie back your hair to get any potential germs away from your face. You should also cleanse your face before massaging and make sure it’s clear of makeup and dirt.
2. Use your index fingers and thumbs to pinch the skin along your jawline starting from the center of the chin, moving outwards to just below your ears. This will clear up any congestion in the tissues that could cause swelling and puffiness.
3. Take your index and middle fingers and use them to push up under your cheekbones from the center of your face out toward your temples. Finish by pinching the fleshy part of your cheeks to increase circulation for an instantaneous glow.
4. Using your fourth fingers, slowly press under the inside of the corner of your eyes and move your fingers in a circular motion up and outwards towards the temples. Repeat on brow line, pressing upwards. This will gently pump out lymphatic fluids to erase dark circles and puffiness.
5. With your thumbs at your temples, press your three middle fingers into the center of your forehead and draw small circles from the center out to the sides of your face. This relaxes the muscles, which will lessen wrinkling from tension.